welcome to blue sky wild! We are a literate-advanced, mature, supernatural western roleplay staged in the heart of the American West in 1872 and exploring the tale of how the west was won! Our tale is set in the fictional land of the Northwind Basin, the land surrounding the two towns of Blackacre and Twin Gulch that sit on the border between New Mexico and Texas territories. As if gunslingers and bandits weren't enough to cause trouble for the Basin's folks, werewolves and vampires roam these parts at night raising hell for anyone they meet. With a war brewing between the werewolves and the vampire coven while the townsfolk remain unaware, whose side will you be on?
northwind basin
season: summer 1872
FORECAST: the texas summer is hot and dry and even the occasional storm offers little respite from the heat
ACTIVITY CHECK IN PROGRESS
Please be sure to post HERE by July 25th to save your characters!

MOST WANTED: Conclave and Grayhollow Leaders!

Add Reply

Rules, the law abides
Maggie
timeless
Human
Civilian
almighty carb hoarder
Maggie
PRONOUNS: she/her
TIMEZONE: ET: UTC-4
RATING: Mature 18+
rules
general
R A T I N G
We are a MATURE site which means we are 18+ only. There will be themes of adult natures such as sex, blood, violence, and swearing. As such, please be sure to mark any possibly mature threads so others can be aware.

B E H A V I O R
Be respectful, be polite, and have fun! That’s the whole point about the site!

D R A M A
Keep it off the board. I know that sometimes life gets you down but try to keep drama to a minimum. If anyone is caught disrespecting another person blatantly on the board, we have a three strike rule. First strike is a verbal warning. Second strike is a temporary suspension from the site (time of suspension to be determined based on severity of the situation). Strike three is a total and permanent ban from the site. Be adults. Deal with it.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
There is a specific board dedicated to advertising. Advertisements are allowed there and only there. Do not PM ads or put them anywhere else, especially in the cbox. Our advertising boards are guest friendly so there is no need to register just to advertise.

characters
R E G I S T R A T I O N
Please register with a first and last name with proper capitalization. That means John Smith, not john smith or JOHN SMITH. Please DO NOT register with any kind of username or alias, as these accounts will promptly be deleted if not fixed by an admin. If you make a mistake, just ask an admin nicely!

A C C O U N T S
Every character will have a separate account with separate bios. The ONLY exceptions are character with children (a second account is not needed for the child).

C H A R A C T E R L I M I T S / B A N S
As of right now there is no limit to the amount of characters you can apply for. The only thing we ask is that you keep the male/female ratio and race ratio in mind when creating new characters or picking up a canon or want ad. We don’t want a thousand women running around and no men for them to flock to! You must also be able to keep up regularly with each character you create. With that in mind if you continue to make characters but never post with them, you will be banned from creating any more until you get your current ones active.

We also currently have a ban on any supernatural characters over the age of 300 (canons excluded).

B I O G R A P H I E S / A P P L I C A T I O N S
We do require an application prior to roleplaying, but our application is much more freeform than most and is considered more of a biography than an actual application. The biography template can also double as your shipper, and some characters use these synonymously. Your biography should be posted in the appropriate forum (either the WIP forum or the completed forum) and must be approved by an admin before you can start posting. If you create a character that is considered too out of place, you will be asked to modify said character.

In order to keep things tidy, we will periodically clean out inactive applications and delete characters from the member list (this ensures people are able to pick up the character if it was a canon, for example). If a biography has been left untouched for 7 days you will receive a 3 day app warning. If after the 3 day period no additional changes or updates have been made, we will archive the application and delete the character. You can always reapply for the character if you wish at a later time. Simply re-register and submit your application again.

This DOES NOT mean you have to complete an application in 7 days. If it takes longer, just simply alert an admin when you get the 3 day warning and we will leave it up for you! This is for removing inactive applications/players.

P O S T I N G
Blue Sky Wild is a no-WC site but we consider ourselves a LITERATE ADVANCED roleplay. This means that we expect quality for every IC post. Please don’t reply to a 1000 word post with just a few sentences. We also allow posts of adult nature in this roleplay, so if your thread is going to be something that makes other cringe, sweat, or blush, make sure you mark it appropriately in the title.

A C T I V I T Y
While we understand that real life sometimes gets overwhelming for us or things pop up that take priority, we do ask that you make at least one IC post per month per character. If you will unable to complete this, please reach out to an admin regarding your situation. We're very flexible, however we want to ensure our players are actively participating. This is especially critical if you are playing a canon. We will be a little more pushy for those with canons so that we can open the character up to be reclaimed if someone else wishes to try their hand at them.

F A C E C L A I M S
Because BSW is a mature rated site all face claims must be over the age of 18. Nobody below that age will be accepted as a face claim. No youtube/online personalities are allowed.

We also ask that face claims for HUMAN characters follow the 7 +/- rule for age. What this means is as a general rule of thumb we ask that face claims for human characters are within roughly 7 years of the actor's real age. It is not feasible to have an actor that is 30 years old playing someone who is 18. We ask that vampires/lycans follow this same rule as far as what age at which they were converted/turned.

Human characters outside of that range will be handled on a case by case basis and admins have the final say on face claim decisions in regards to age.

graphics
A V A T A R S
Our site utilizes mini-profiles, all pieces of which are updated from your Edit Profile. Avatars are uploaded here as part of the mini profile and are sized 210x400.

S I G N A T U R E S
Are not allowed! Feel free to make as many graphics as you’d like for your plotters, thread template, and shippers, but please no signatures as it bogs down and clutters the board.

D O H T M L
Dohtml is allowed on the site but please use your best judgment when making plotting pages, thread templates, or other things that utilize dohtml. If it is too large and stretches the board too far, you will be asked to change it or remove it.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Quick Reply

affiliates

resources & voting
RP Lovers
Shadowplay RPG-D RPG Initiative roleplay ads

static
Garden of Bones Frisson RPG

scrolling
DTD Versailles
Skinned by vanessa of candyland couture & Caution. Skin edits by Maggie. Banner by our own talented VERA!